Maruti Suzuki Baleno Rs is going to be the next maruti suzuki launch after a hugely successful Ignis launch.
RS will be Maruti Suzuki’s first ever performance hatchback for India. The India’s top automaker said that Baleno RS will feature a 1.0 litre Boosterjet engine which will be the most powerful Maruti Suzuki hatchback in the country. The car will be sold via the Maruti Suzuki Nexa Outlets.
Let’s take a look at 10 things you need to know about Maruti Suzuki’s Baleno RS
1. Maruti Suzuki India showcased the Baleno RS first time in India at 2016 Auto Expo. The car was seen alongside Suzuki’s recent SUV styled hatchback the Ignis.
2. Suzuki’s 1.0 litre BoosterJet engine churns out 100 bhp of power and 150 Nm of torque. The recently leaked specifications reveals three cylinder, turbo petrol engine. The engine peak power can go 112 bhp @ 175Nm torque. Baleno RS will be Maruti’s most powerful hatchback when it goes on sale.
3. Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS will be more powerful than its closest rival the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.
4. The Baleno RS will continue using the 5-speed manual gearbox from the standard version and that should certainly be amusing to purists.
5. The Baleno RS will also compete against other hot hatchbacks currently on sale including the Fiat Abarth Punto and Ford Figo 1.5 litre petrol.
6. Maruti Suzuki India has been testing the car extensively since the end of 2015. This has been a clear indication from the numerous sightings of the test mules over last year.
7. If we look at the appearance the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS is likely to be similar to the regular Baleno hatchback. But will come with minor cosmetic tweaks and the RS badging to differentiate it from the regular hatchback.
8. For the car’s cabin too overall layout will remain same, car is expected to get minor changes like bucket seats with new upholstery, aluminium finished pedals and much more.
9. With some additional features the bleno RS is likely to come with Smart Play infotainment system with Apple Car Play while the multi function steering wheel from the standard could have been replaced with a flat bottom unit.
10. The car will be launched in March 2017 with a price tag between 8 lakh to 9.5 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).